No emo bullshit here. This is created for my rhetoric class, which is good because it gives me incentive to back my shit up after talking all kinds of trash about teenage asian girls' xangas. This will most likely not be any better. Probably worse.

Friday, May 05, 2006

music video review.

random new music videos go under my intense and rigorous quality control test.
all my findings are scientifically discovered and are not to be questioned under any circumstances.

Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous



Yep, she's hot. The song itself is not bad, Timbaland comes with a nice beat. I like the synths around the chorus, it turns it into a semi new wave thing. Swagger jackin' from Depeche Mode is ok by me if you have Ms. Furtado dancing around singing about hooking up.

9/10

Taking Back Sunday - MakeDameSure



No. The Foo Fighters, a much better band, has already done this video (compare them yourself). There's seriously nothing original about this band. Random clips of nature thrown in with the singer swinging a mic around wearing spandex netting on his hands is not cool. And please give the backup singer guy a mic so he doesn't look retarded yelling into air. I know it's a video and they're not really singing anyways, but still.

0/10

No comments: